As a renewable energy project is planned and developed a number of traditional insurance covers are required to cover physical loss or damage, mechanical breakdown and the associated loss of profits.
All areas of renewable energy technology can be catered for including both on and off shore wind, solar pv and solar thermal, hydro electric, biomass, bio fuel, waste to energy, wave & tidal and geothermal.
Cover can be provided for each phase of the project, either on a phase specific basis or as a package covering the whole project from start to finish.
Marine transit covers loss or damage to goods while in transit.Marine delay in start-up covers consequential losses to revenue due to delays
caused by transit losses.
• Contract works covering property damage during construction.
• Advance loss of profit cover for consequential loss of revenue due to property
damage losses during construction.
• Third Party liability cover or Wrap up liability cover as required.
• Material Damage and Machinery Breakdown.
• Business interruption insurance provides cover for losses to revenue due to property
damage and machinery breakdown
• Third Party liability
• Political violence, such as revolution, insurrection, civil unrest, terrorism and war
• Governmental expropriation or confiscation of assets;
• Governmental frustration or repudiation of contracts
• Wrongful calling of letters of credit or similar on-demand guarantees;
• Inconvertibility of foreign currency or the inability to repatriate funds.
Parhelion access international, private sector insurers and is a member of the MIGA Finders Programme. miga_finders.pdf